As Beily said a few posts down, I was really lazy and hadn't gone to the gym since tuesday...til Sunday's 5k. I planned to run it all, but since I usually run on the treadmill, I didn't know how to pace myself. Everyone around me was passing me up so I thought I was going slow enough but apparently when I hit the 1 mile mark at 11: something I thought whoa, that's faster than I ever run on the t-mill. so I tried to just continue on slowly....but I dont know, somewhere just prior to the 2 mile mark I felt the urge to walk and catch my breath... still hit the 2 mile mark at a faster time than I've done on the treadmill. I believe it was 23:11 or something. So mile 3 I walked about 3x or so and when I could see the finish line coming I ran a little faster. Thanks Beily Ry and JG for cheering for me! ha ha. Final time 37:17 - I wish I ran the whole thing but...its ok. After the race, Beily Kamilah and I pigged out on the free brunch and I got tipsy off 1 mimosa! :D
Ended up going to bed early and got lots of sleep. yay!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sleep is so good. i just lied in bed for several hours after i showered and got into my sweats
i could use some sleep right now. my eye is twitching like a mofo.
AWESOME JOB FOLKS! I wished I had run it with you all...maybe next time Ryan can sneak me in on PICO!
Post a Comment