Sunday, October 26, 2008

WODs.101908-102608.

It was one of those weeks. So crazy at work, I couldn't even find time to update my WODs. See below the compilation of the whole week:

WOD.101908.Del Sur to Black Mtn and back
Total Miles: 8.0
Total Time: 1:14:28

mile 1: 9:26
mile 2: 9:51
mile 3: 9:57
mile 4: 9:46
mile 5: 9:30
mile 6: 8:53
mile 7: 8:58
mile 8: 8:00

Avg Time: 9:18

Overall, a slow relaxing run. Ryan took me down memory lane and talked about all the fights he won...


WOD.102008.Box,Run,Lift

This afternoon, I got a text from Janelle who wanted to do some boxing drills. We met up at Ryan's house. Today's attendees: Jason, Ryry, JG, Nelly, and I

JG and I covered the basics, the 12 angles. She got it down in no time. For those of you wondering, here they are:

left,right (conventional)
hook to head, hook to head
overhand to head, uppercut to head
jab to head, cross to head
uppercut to head, overhand to head
hook to body, hook to body
jab to body, cross to body

Boxing:
Ryry, Jason, and I did 3 rounds of focus mitt drills, incorporating foot work starting at long range.

Run:
1000M run on the Nordic.

Lift:
30 pull ups
50 Thrusters


WOD.102208.Run.Box.Misc.
Today was date night for the Espiritus so Janelle, my nephew Jamar that I call my cousin, Raena, Uncle Dean and I met up for some boxing drills.

Run:
Jamar, Raena, I did a quick run down Calle Cristobal to get some kind of sweat going. Janelle took them for additional laps while I prepped the boxing gear.

Boxing:
Since it was Jamar's first time with the drills, we warmed up and covered the 12 angles.

Raena has worked with me before so it was a refresher. Her punches are clean. You know it when you hear the clap.

Uncle Dean was Uncle Dean. Heavyweight...make that super heavyweight. A few punches landed sharp but most of them were heavy. So heavy, I my neck is sore.

Janelle, by far was the most impressive. I don't say this in hope I will get lucky tonight. I say it because her punches are sharp and quick. Her combos are Mayweather-like. As I position the mitts, I don't have to wait; she will be there.

Misc:
In between all the boxing drills, we through in a few sets of push ups, ab workouts and burpees.

It was a fun 2+ hour workout.


WOD.102308.Up Calle Cristoball and home

Normally, my Thursdays are dedicated to basketball, but didn't have time to get out for lunch. Instead, I suited up before I picked up Janelle from work and on the way home I pulled into the parking lot on the bottom of the Calle Cristobal hill. People park here to go mountain biking, hiking, running, etc... From here, I ran home.

Total Miles: 4.2
Total Time: 36:44

mile1: 9:22 (.75 of it was uphill, like the crazy hill at the end of the AFC run, sucks)
mile2: 8:41
mile3: 8:52
mile4: 8:53
mile.2: 00:56

Avg Time: 8:58


WOD.122408.'The Philatron'
Still a busy day at work I did a quick 30 minute workout at the amln gym. I just made this shit up. I call it 'The Philatron.'

30 pull-ups

4 rounds of the following:
Incline dumbbell bench press 15x
-35lb,40lb,45lb,50lb
Stand-up single arm dumbbell curls 10x
-25lb,30lb,35lb,35lb
Cable Triceps extensions 12x
-42.5lb,42.5lb,42.5lb,42.5lb
Machine leg press 15x
-135lb,150lb,170lb,190lb

2 sets of Burpees (2 sets at 35lbs) and sit ups (2 sets of declined, slow and controlled)


WOD.102608.Miramar Lake Run
Today's attendees: Alanna, Janelle, Ryry, and I...Oh wait, Ryry dissed us because he had a pedicure appointment or something...Weather was perfect for today's run imo. I started off slow behind Alanna and Janelle then picked it up a bit. For the first lap, I anticipated running a 9 minute pace, then planned on picking it up the next lap. There were a lot of women wearing pink, and I'm sure it was for good cause. The Cure.

Total Miles: 12.0
Total Time: 1:41

mile1: 8:45
mile2: 8:56
mile3: 8:52
mile4: 8:48
mile5: 8:40
mile6: 8:29
mile7: 8:28
mile8: 8:17
mile9: 8:13
mile10: 8:03
mile11: 8:08
mile12: 7:58

Avg Time: 8:28

1 comment:

THE ryry said...

yikes! Looks like I got me some work to do. 12 miles on wed to pb and back from lj.