Monday, October 20, 2008

simply rad (or awesome)

I tried that 5k loop button on the treadmill Saturday. But the treadmills at the Miramar gym don't have that blinking lap thiny so I had to just imagine where I was by looking at the mileage. Much more fun to look at the blinking light than #s. I like the LJ treadmills better though, but maybe due also to familiarity. I got good sleep friday night, with 2 bud lites in my belly. Felt great in the morning, but by the time I hit the gym, I had cement feet and really just planned on 2 miles. But as I hit 2 miles I thought 'pfft, whats one more' and then I ended up suffering through my last 2 laps. To top it off, as soon as you hit 3.1miles, it switched into a 3 min countdown for cooling off. I don't even know my exact finish time but I know i was over my last time of 38:12. But not by too much I guess. I think it was still under 39 min. Also some man next to me was tall and sweaty and ran with short steps...and had no shoes on. Gross.

Saturday night I also got in about 3 hours of dancing. Must have been that double monster/greygoose.

6 comments:

Beily said...

really gross re the man with no shoes. isn't that not allowed?

good job running the whole thing! now beat fh!

JG said...

Was he a Kenyan? Because then that would be acceptable.

Anonymous said...

Not sure i can beat FH by Nov 9 but I will eventually!!!! No, the man was a balding white guy...he had no socks either. p.u.

The RyRy said...

i was saw a girl wearing just her bra on the treadmill. not her sports bra, but a bra. it was disturbing. i was ready to tell on her.

Beily said...

have you guys seen that old really buff woman at the lj 24 hour who always wears really tight clothing and sometimes just a sports bra? she has like a six pack and her face is stuck in a perpetual smile cause of botox. she has red hair.

Anonymous said...

No but now i will look for her!! maybe i'll see her today!